TWG

TWG

Saturday 1 November 2014

FRIEND ZONE

Today's post is the sequel of 'Define your SHIP'. They are closely related but different. Let me paint a typical scenario for you:
There was this guy I met in church. Gradually we became friends as in very good friends and before I knew it I was practically falling for him! I began to imagine how beautiful life would look like getting married to a handsome, 'spirikoko' brother. The thoughts got me so excited that I eagerly began to prepare for the day he would ask me out. He became my prayer point.I started performing 'sisterly' duties that is I became unnecessarily caring and concerned about him. I looked forward to seeing him everyday and anytime I see him my heart begins to sing Psquare's "Can I be more than a friend". I always prayed that we sat together. In short, I was busy looking for avenues to play out my imagination.  Unfortunately for me, the brother on the other hand just saw me as a friend, nothing more than that. My 5 billion dollars worth of wife material didn't mean anything to him. All he knew was that Esther is a good and caring sister in the Lord.You can imagine my pain and frustration after months of 'hard work', and he didn't even seem to notice me! Lol, whose fault is it? Mine or his, I think that is left for you to decide.

This is where I am going to, so many times we waste valuable time and energy loving a guy/girl who doesn't love you and doing everything to make the person appreciate your love. Some of us have gone to the point of sending our numerous suitors away simply because we are waiting for brother to see us. My dear, if this is the position you are in, you have been 'friend zoned'! Friend zone is a phrase which implies that you have a friend whom you desire to be more than a friend with but who unfortunately, doesn't have the same thoughts towards you. The other party loves your company so much but sees you just as a friend.
It is good to have friends, but the moment you notice that you desire to be more than a friend and the feeling is not reciprocated, just know  that you have been friend zoned. You deserve to be loved, you deserve to be cared for. Don't 'pause' your life simply because you want someone  who doesn't want you.

The bad thing about this thing is this, the other party is enjoying your company, but at the same time, he/she is consciously or unconsciously ignoring the signs you are sending across. To me, I think this is a parasitic relationship and it shouldn't be accommodated! It is either you kill every desire to marry the person and be content at being just friends or you move on to find a partner who reciprocates your love. I know that moving on is difficult, but it is better than sticking to someone who doesn't have plans for you.  You deserve to be happy, if you don't like your situation, MOVE! YOU ARE NOT A TREE! One other thing I have noticed is that the person putting us in the zone really likes us but he/she is not ready for commitment. The key to your own happiness is in your hands. Don't let anybody make you feel inferior, you deserve to be loved. Anybody that doesn't reciprocate your love is not worthy of your love. Choose your friends wisely and be with those who make you truly happy.  Shalom!
P. S: I would love to hear your experiences! Thanks for reading my blog post! The Winning Generation Blogspot.

2 comments:

  1. Thks for liberating d minds of people outdre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was once a victim....thank God am over it.

    ReplyDelete

I really want to see your comments. Tell me what you think! There is nothing more important than receiving feedback and utilizing it. Thank you for reading