TWG

TWG

Monday 5 January 2015

TURN UP THE LIGHTS!!!

I just came back from the break to Abia state where I serve and there in my little apartment, I was cleaning the room from top to bottom due to the dust that had gathered over the holiday period. It was already dark and there was no electricity, at least none that I knew of. So I had to use my small touch light phone to illuminate the room. Though almost ineffective, it was better than nothing. It was so stressful for me but I was determined to finish it since I knew I would be sleeping in the room that night. As soon as I was done,I went downstairs to get something and to my shock, there was electricity and it has been available for hours! Then it dawned on me, ignorance is the source of the darkness we find ourselves! Many of us don’t know the career to go into, the relationship to approve, the next step we need to take because we are blind, we are still in the dark. Dear friend, you need to put on the light! The switch is right by your side. Stop groping in the dark, stop going around in circles, stop staying in the darkness of frustration , stagnation and poverty, TURN ON THE LIGHT! When everywhere is dark, you can’t see the present talk more of the future.

There is one sure way of turning on the lights, and that is by studying and meditating on the word of God. The word of the Lord is the map of your life, the script of your actions, the driver of your destiny. As I was downstairs, the scripture that came to mind was Hosea 4: 6 which says ‘my people perish (are destroyed) for lack of knowledge. Most times, the things that kill us are the things we are ignorant of. A man slumps, instead of the people around to perform a cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), they go about screaming and crying because they are ignorant of the fact that the resuscitation within the first five minutes after the slump is capable to delievering the person from the cold grip of death. The main reason why people make money out of us is because we are ignorant of how to render the services ourselves. Let me ask you, what are you in the dark about?

Seek to know, be teachable, learn everyday, you don’t need to know everything about something but you must know something about everything. Stop groping in darkness. Read that book, attend that seminar, learn that trade, engage in that intellectual discussion. Join that group and most importantly, let the word of God be a light unto your feet and a lamp unto your path. Don’t forget that the limitations around you are caused by the limitations you have placed within you. Go back to that school. Turn up the lights, save your precious time, don’t just engage in that business, get your information right and take that step! You are destined for grestness, but first, you need to turn up the lights! Well, I just did, and I am sure you can too! Please share and drop our comments. Don't forget...TURN UP THE LIGHTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really want to see your comments. Tell me what you think! There is nothing more important than receiving feedback and utilizing it. Thank you for reading