TWG

TWG

Friday 8 January 2016

People Matter


The theme of the cross over service in my church, The Father's House Church was 'People Matter' and as the preacher kept on preaching, it dawned on me that indeed people matter. Man was not created to live as though he is the only one existing instead man was created to relate with other people and recreate the world through the joy each individual brings.

The world has succeeded in making man think that he lives for himself and whatever he does is of no significance to the people around him. He has been so brainwashed into thinking that life is all about 'me' and 'me alone'. As an individual, you matter to yourself and you are the fist priority of yourself but that does not mean that other people don't count.


How have we been able to help the lives of people around us? How do we show love? Love is not an intention, love is an action. You have to deliberately take steps to prove that indeed you love the other person. A successful person is not defined by how many cars he has in his yard or how much he has in his account rather a successful person is defined by how many lives he has impacted and made better. How many people can say I didn't give up because of you? Or I made it because you came into my life? 
The song of late Michael Jackson keeps ringing in my head and it goes thus;
                                                               Heal the world,
Make it a better place,
For you and for me,
And the entire human race, 
There are people dying,
If you care enough for the living,
Make a better place,
For you and for me.....

This is the reality, there are people dying physically, spiritually, intellectually, financially, emotionally, psychologically and in every other area of life. Do you care enough for the living? If you do, then deliberately make the world a better place. There are so many ways you can better the lives of those around you. Take time to build other people up instead of putting them down. When people need your help, gladly help them, as long as it is within your means to be of help. Put a smile of someone's face, brighten up another person's day! 

Ask yourself, "how can I make this world a better place for those around me and even for myself?" You were created to help and be helped! Make your life count, let the lives of others matter to you, if you make the world a better place and I also make the world a better place, the world will indeed be a better place!!! In this new year, together we can brighten up the world!
Bamiloshin Esther





No comments:

Post a Comment

I really want to see your comments. Tell me what you think! There is nothing more important than receiving feedback and utilizing it. Thank you for reading